Organization: State of Connecticut
Salary: $110,362 - $140,826
Close Date: January 12, 2007
Assistant Treasurer Debt Management – Office of State Treasurer
Salary Range: $110,362 - $140,826
The Office of the State Treasurer is conducting a nationwide search for candidates to fill this position due to a retirement. The executive search firms of Slavin Management Consultants and Randi Frank Consulting, LLC will be assisting the Treasurer with this recruitment.
• Day-to-day supervision of the Debt Management Division.
• Primary responsibility for overseeing the issuance of state debt.
• Point of contact between the state and the three major rating agencies
• Supervision of staff of thirteen professionals,
• Oversee investment bankers, financial advisors and bond counsel.
• Assist in the selection of investment bankers, financial advisors, bond counsel
• Serving on the Board of Directors for the Tax Exempt Proceed Fund
• Oversight of preparation of monthly, annual reports, and certifications relating to outstanding state debt liabilities.
• Coordination with the Assistant Treasurer for Cash Management of the state's cash balances in relationship to the sale of state debt and the investment of bond proceeds.
Debt Management Division Responsibilities:
The Debt Management Division is responsible for issuing and managing the State's debt in a prudent and cost effective manner. Under the direction of an Assistant Treasurer, the Division issues bonds to finance capital projects, manages debt service payments and cash flow borrowing, maintains the State's rating agency relationships administers the Clean Water and Drinking Water loan programs and manages the State's tax-exempt debt compliance with IRS regulations. The Division's mission is to manage the State's debt programs effectively and efficiently to minimize the cost of the State's debt to Connecticut taxpayers.
To finance the State's capital projects, the Division manages three municipal financing programs. These include debt issuance of General Obligation ("GO") Bonds, Special Tax Obligation ("STO") Bonds and Bradley International Airport Bonds. The Division also is responsible for special program debt sales such as the Clean Water Fund ("CWF") Bonds; University of Connecticut 2000 Bonds ("UCONN 2000"); Connecticut Unemployment Revenue Bonds ("CURB") and Second Injury Special Assessment Revenue Bonds. The Debt Management Division also coordinates and assists in the issuance of bonds by State Authorities.
Candidate must have considerable knowledge of: the municipal bond markets; arbitrage restrictions; and municipal debt transaction record keeping and controls. Required skills include demonstrated managerial skills, literacy in a Windows-based personal computer environment; familiarity with the Bloomberg financial data services system; strong analytical ability and executive level written and oral communication skills. The ideal candidate has a Bachelor's degree and at least five years of progressively responsible experience for municipal securities transactions, preferably in a public sector environment. A graduate degree in finance or related field designation is preferred.
Please send resume and cover letter by January 12, 2007 to:
Robert E. Slavin
SLAVIN MANAGEMENT CONSULTANTS
3040 Holcomb Bridge Road, Suite B-1
Norcross, Georgia 30071
Phone: (770 449-4656
Fax: (770) 416-0848
Download a comprehensive profile information document (PDF)
© Copyright Slavin Management Consultants. All rights reserved.
Close This Listing Window