Organization: Southeast Mississippi Rural Health Initiative, Inc.
Close Date: A first review of resumes is scheduled for August 31, 2022.
Hattiesburg located in southeast Mississippi, offers a vibrant art and music scene, excellent schools, colleges, and universities, and a premiere health services and medical community. Located an hour’s drive from the Gulf of Mexico and its beaches, with similar proximity to Jackson, MS (state capital) and New Orleans (major city and airport), as well as Mobile, AL, and Biloxi, MS which offer significant tourism and recreational amenities via the Gulf beaches and waterways. Hattiesburg has premiere public and private educational, recreational, and cultural institutions in addition to medical and health amenities for area residents and surrounding communities. The area is also rich in cultural and historical amenities.
The community is particularly fortunate to have four (4) outstanding public-school districts along with three (3) great private schools in the Forrest and Lamar county area. The University of Southern Mississippi and William Carey University are in Hattiesburg. William Carey has a medical school and both universities have nursing schools. Two major community colleges are located nearby. Federal and local taxes as well as income and property taxes are very reasonable.
The SeMRHI was formally organized in May 1979 as a 501) c) (3) nonprofit corporation. The corporation’s purpose is to improve the health status of the residents of a rural area of southeast Mississippi.
SeMRHI is a network of community health centers that provide preventative and primary healthcare for all patients regardless of insurance status. SeMRHI operates healthcare sites in Southeast Mississippi. Services offered include primary care, women’s health, vision, social Services, pharmacy, HIV care, minor care general dentistry, behavioral health, and school-based health clinics.
SeMRHI network of seventeen clinics are located in nine different cities. Through this network SeMRHI provides much needed health care and social services annually to more than 38,000 individuals (100,000 individual visits). SeMRHI’s SeMRHI operates under a cost-based reimbursement model and the clinics are not totally dependent on federal funding. SeMRHI is authorized 229 FTE’s. Revenues for FYE 01/2021 totaled $28,043,749.
SEMRHI’s Mission is to provide access to affordable quality primary and preventative healthcare to the communities it serves in a patient centered, safe and compassionate environment
SeMRHI values quality, courtesy, integrity, respect, and teamwork.
Additional information about SeMRHI can be found at www.semrhi.com
Minimum job requirements include graduation from a college or university with a Master’s degree in healthcare administration, business administration, public administration, social work, or public health combined with at least five years of supervisory experience in community health or related field. A closely related combination of education and experience may be considered. Health administration, medical care provision, and social work are backgrounds suitable for the position.
The new Chief Executive Officer needs to understand the urban/rural context of service for the organization. Besides rural residents, the organization serves a large inner-city population which includes the homeless, as well as a large immigrant population.
Required competencies include leadership skills, interpersonal and communication skills, organizational skills, conflict resolution skills, time management skills and innovative skills (ability to envision the organization’s future).
The Ideal Candidate will have:
• A work history demonstrating leadership capability and administrative experience for similar health agencies as well as a passion for the work of the agency and genuine compassion for the employees and clients.
• A demonstrated ability to unite and lead in an effective manner toward a common goal, including having a passion and a compassion for successfully managing the staff.
• Strong competencies in fiscal management, marketing and branding, innovation, and sustainability.
• Public speaking and community relations skills as the Chief Executive Officer serves as the spokesperson for the Board of Directors.
• Organizational Leadership including the ability to attract, train, manage and grow staff as well as the ability to provide administrative guidance under the leadership of a multifaceted and diverse 9–25-member Board of Directors whose members reflect the communities they represent.
• Able to sympathize and empathize with the constituents and patients who use the Agency’s Clinics; be sensitive to their needs and willing to “go the extra mile” in serving them.
• Able and willing to be a “community partner” while moving the organization forward as needed by the community and directed by the Board of Directors.
To Apply: The position will remain open until filled. Resumes will be evaluated as they arrive, and the process will move forward upon receipt of a sufficient number of well-quailed responses. A first review of resumes is scheduled for August 31, 2022. Therefore, if interested in this outstanding opportunity, please e-mail a detailed resume with a cover letter and salary expectations right away to:
Robert E. Slavin or Barbara Lipscomb
SLAVIN MANAGEMENT CONSULTANTS
3040 Holcomb Bridge Road, A1
Norcross. Georgia 30071
Phone: (770) 449-4656
Fax: (770) 416-0848
SeMRHI does not discriminate based on race, sex, color, religion, marital status, national origin, age, pregnancy, disability, ancestry, or sexual orientation for access, admission, or employment in programs, resources, or activities.
Download a comprehensive profile information document (PDF)
© Copyright Slavin Management Consultants. All rights reserved.
Close This Listing Window