Organization: City of Cape Coral, Florida
Salary: The salary range is $109,262.40 - $180,273.60 annually. Benefits are excellent and highly competitive.
Close Date: Open until filled
The City of Cape Coral is ideally situated on the Southwest Florida coast, and has frequently ranked as a favorite place to live, vacation, and start a business. The City boasts a vibrant, balanced lifestyle featuring outdoor amenities like biking and water sports, and providing residents with ample dining, retail and nightlife options throughout the City. If you are searching for the ultimate work-life balance, look no further than the Cape.
Cape Coral’s Parks and Recreation Department provides services for citizens and visitors throughout the City. Consisting of more than 39 locations (1,595 acres), the Department features waterfront parks, playgrounds, athletic complexes, community centers, tennis amenities, a youth center and skate park, boat ramps, and a premier public golf course (Coral Oaks Golf Course). Programs, classes, and special events are planned year-round for all ages, abilities, and interests. The Department has approximately 317 full-time equivalent budgeted positions serving three in three divisions: Parks, Recreation, and Revenue & Special Facilities.
The Parks and Recreation Director reports to the City Manager and provides executive direction for all activities by directing, planning, developing, and administering a comprehensive community park, recreation, and social service program. Assures the Parks and Recreation Department carries out activities according to approved City ordinances, policies, and administrative regulations; and identifies, defines and accomplishes the long and short-range goals and objectives that meet the needs of the citizens.
Primary responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Serves as the project manager for capital projects involving design, engineering, construction, and project budget management as assigned.
• Conducts presentations for various civic and community organizations, provides interviews with the media, and directs the development of news releases and other public relations.
• Manages the development and administration of grant applications and awards.
• Performs facility specification and design work as appropriate.
• Conducts site and facility inspections.
• Researches existing data and information for trends, inconsistencies, and continuity of programs and functions within the Department.
• Uses organizational ability and knowledge to allocate responsibilities to resource components, monitor and coordinate activities, and ensure successful performance and achievement of overall objectives.
• Performs other related duties as required.
The position requires a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in Parks and Recreation, Public Administration, Business Administration, or related field and ten (10) years of progressively responsible experience in parks and recreation, including five (5) years in a supervisory role or any equivalent combination of education and experience to meet the responsibilities of the position. Preferred qualifications include a Master’s degree from an accredited college or university in Parks and Recreation, Public Administration, Business Administration, or related field and a Certified Leisure Professional or Certified Parks and Recreation Professional.
The salary range is $109,262.40 - $180,273.60 annually. Benefits are excellent and highly competitive.
Please send your resume and cover letter with salary expectation to Bob Slavin at SLAVIN MANAGEMENT CONSULTANTS via email to email@example.com. This recruitment will remain open until the position is filled. First review of applications will be on October 28, 2022.
An Equal Opportunity Employer and Drugfree Workplace
Download a comprehensive profile information document (PDF)
© Copyright Slavin Management Consultants. All rights reserved.
Close This Listing Window