Organization: City of Waterbury, CT
Salary: $85,000 to $120,000
Close Date: Applications must be submitted by 4:50pm on February 28, 2019
Located only two hours from New York and Boston off of interstate 84, Waterbury is a great location to live, work, learn and play. Waterbury, Connecticut, is a city that's going places. With a highly skilled workforce, a robust infrastructure, and manufacturing companies that have re-invented themselves to adapt to the new economy. Waterbury neighborhoods are thriving with new schools. Businesses are being motivated to come to town. But the real gift to the region is the cultural flavor that remains in the neighborhoods established by early immigrants, which gives Waterbury its diverse personality, rich traditions, and highly engaged people.
The City Planner performs highly responsible, professional and administrative work. This position directs, actively manages and the leads the Planning Department which includes: Land Use, Wetlands and Zoning Enforcement. The Planner is responsible for short- and long-term planning needs of the City including the City Plan of Conservation and Development which was last updated in 2015 and will require updating by 2025. Supervises and assigns work to the three Land Use Officers who assist with development plans and permits and enforcing zoning and inland wetland regulations. Works with and provides advice to the following Boards and Commissions: City Plan Commission, Zoning Commission, Inland Wetlands & Watercourses Commission, and Zoning Board of Appeals.
Master’s degree in planning or related field from an accredited college or university with major course work in urban planning, regional planning, urban design, public administration, business management or a closely related field, plus five years of increasingly responsible experience in comprehensive urban planning preferably with a mid-to large-sized municipality, including two years of administrative and supervisory responsibility; 6 additional years of responsible planning experience is acceptable in lieu of Masters' degree; AICP certification preferred
Compensation and Application Process
· Open Competitive Examination for: City Planner—Salary Range $85,000-$120,000
· Excellent Fringe Benefits. This position has a Three (3) year contract provision per City Charter
· To Apply you must complete an application which can be found on the website at:
· Home Page of Human Resources—Click on City Planner for details & instructions http://www.waterburyct.org/content/9569/9605/9625/default.aspx
· Application can be found at bottom of Human Resources Home page or with this link
· Or visit Civil Service Office, Chase Municipal Building, 236 Grand St., 2nd Floor, Rm 202 Waterbury, CT 06702 for application and notice of position.
· Applications must be submitted by 4:50pm on February 28, 2019—Copies of Degree or Transcripts and applicable Certifications must be submitted with Application. Applications must be submitted via mail to office above or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to 203-574-8087
· If you have questions about the position please contact our consultant—Ms. Randi Frank at email@example.com or 203-213-3722. See Profile on City Web Site or at www.randifrank.com
City of Waterbury is an Equal Opportunity Employer—E.O..E. M/F/H/V
EEOP Utilization Report available upon request
Download a comprehensive profile information document (PDF)
© Copyright Slavin Management Consultants. All rights reserved.
Close This Listing Window