Organization: City of Bridgeport, Connecticut
Salary: The current salary range is $90,593—$99,662
Close Date: January 10, 2014
The City of Bridgeport is located on the northern shore of Long Island Sound, approximately 60 miles northeast of New York City and 60 miles southwest of Hartford. The City is an exciting medical, legal, industrial, financial and entertainment hub which includes Ferry Service, Airport and Minor League Baseball field.
The City of Bridgeport is looking for an individual with strong organizational skills to manage the workflow of lawsuits, claims and requests for interpretation of the law handled by the City Attorney’s office. The position would also be responsible for the office budget and improving the efficiency of the office operations.
This position requires 5 years of experience, a Bachelor’s degree in public administration, para-legal, management or related field with a Master’s Degree preferred or equivalent combination of education and experience. Preference will be given to candidates who have: worked with municipalities or other government agencies; served as an attorney or para-legal, knowledge of applicable City, State and Federal rules and regulations especially related to City Attorney functions; demonstrated excellent professional judgment; ability to analyze difficult situations and organize a positive response; ability to coordinate employees work performance as a non-supervisor; experience with union employees and labor relation issues.
Some of the opportunities and projects that are expected of this position:
• Coordination of support staff with professional attorney’s to make the office more efficient
• Assist the office to deal with a backlog of cases
• Improve operations by developing a computer and filing system that can keep track of all projects and cases to make it easier for attorneys and staff to find materials to respond to clients (city officials and departments)
• Work in a strong union environment-need for understanding of labor relations
• Serve as a support system for the Attorney’s so they can concentrate on their professional duties not administrative duties
• Manage office administrative budget, outside counsel budget and payments made on claims and law suits filed against the city (project expenses for all three)
Starting salary is negotiable and dependent on qualifications and experience and is coupled with an excellent benefits package that includes medical, dental, prescription and vision. The current salary range is $90,593—$99,662
For more information about the community, please visit www.bridgeportct.gov. A detailed recruitment profile is available at www.slavinweb.com or www.randifrank.com
Interested applicants please send your confidential resume and cover letter Immediately-Deadline is January 10, 2014 to:
Ms. Randi Frank
SLAVIN MANAGEMENT CONSULTANTS
3040 Holcomb Bridge Road, Suite A-1
Norcross, GA 30071
Phone: (770) 449-4656
Fax: (770) 416-0848
Ms. Frank is located in CT and can be reached at:
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER AND RECRUITER
Download a comprehensive profile information document (PDF)
© Copyright Slavin Management Consultants. All rights reserved.
Close This Listing Window